Date: August 26th to 28th 2022 (Friday to Sunday)
CHF 890 / Double occupancy (price per person)
CHF 1390 / Single occupancy (price per person) – Very Limited
CHF 840 / Dorm occupancy (price per person)
Maximum Participants: 6 persons
Alpstein region in Canton Appenzell is a wonderful hiking area when you can enjoy various levels of hiking and chill out around different lakes. During this workshop, we will spend the nights in two different huts with various opportunities for sunset/sunrise and Milky Way photography. In between those two huts, we will hike and enjoy other photographic landscapes such as Aescher Hut Viewpoint
This workshop will not cover the basics of photography. Each participant needs to know its equipment and be confident outside of the AUTO mode. We will however go over various techniques such as Panorama, Focus Stacking, Long Exposure, Noise Reduction, Scouting and Composition.
What you will get out of it?
- Nice refreshing time in the Swiss Alps with a mixture of hiking and photography and sharing time with other photographers
- Lift ride from Wasserauen to Ebenalp
- One night in Berggasthaus Schaefler (~ 2000m) with panoramic view of the entire region
- One night in Berggasthaus Seealpsee (~ 1100m) with nice reflection on the lake
- Hopefully not too much sleep if weather permits: Learn how to shoot night images and specifically Milky Way. Learn how to reduce noise
- Learn how to better compose your images and get feedback on your images
- Theory of Landscape and Milky Way photography
- Post-processing tips for Landscape and Milky Way photography
- My LR presets for landscape and milky way photography
What is not included?
- Snacks and lunches (Breakfasts and Dinners are included)
- All drinks
- Photography equipment
- Bring your own towel and some Swiss coins for optional shower (option for 2nd night only)
- Transport to Wasserauen Train Station (Meet-up point)
Meeting point: Wasserauen Train Station 3pm
We will take the lift up to Ebenalp and then walk 1.25 hour to Berggasthaus Schaefler where we will spend the first night.
We will take our rooms and have dinner around 6pm. Let us have a welcome drink before dinner.
After dinner, we will shoot sunset and prepare foreground images for Milky Way shooting. After that, we will go over some theory until Milky Way time.
After 10pm, we set up our material and start shooting. The MW will be vertical with the Core over the Mountain Range.
Of course, MW photography is weather-dependent.
We will get up to shoot sunrise and have breakfast afterwards.
We will then walk to Berggasthaus Aescher (~ 1.25 hours) and have a stop there.
Later, we will walk down towards Seealpsee (~ 1.5 hours) and take images in the area.
Before dinner, we will go over some post-processing and then have dinner around 6pm before going out for sunset.
At night, if weather allows, we will do another MW shooting at Seealpsee. The MW Core will not be visible here but you can shoot the Great Rift over the Mountain Range.
We will get up early to shoot sunrise until breakfast time.
After breakfast, we will check out and head back to Wasserauen (~ 1.5 hours)
If, for any reason, you cannot participate in the workshop, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- > 90 days: 20% of the total prize is retained as cancellation fees
- 89 days to 30 days: 30% of the total prize is retained as cancellation fees and 20% is retained as voucher for a future workshop
- < 30 days: 30% of the total prize is retained as cancellation fees and 70% is retained as voucher for a future workshop
After that, even if canceled due to very bad weather, 30% of the total amount will be charged and 70% will be paid back to your payment method.
- After contacting email@example.com, you will receive banking transfer details to confirm your inscription
- Then, the organizer will send you additional information, an equipment list and a form to fill up with the personal details (food allergy, emergency contact details, wishes …)
In case of late booking, single or double rooms might not be available anymore, but dorms.