This 4-Nights Milky Way photography workshop in Switzerland will scout 4 different locations in the country. Some of these locations are a bit remote and might need some hiking in order to be reached. Besides, they might not be close to a hut and camping outdoors might be necessary. Several parameters such as the Milky Way Core season, the moon phase, the forecast, the cloudiness need to be taken into account to choose the right spot at the right time. Obviously, some of those parameters change quickly and we will need to adjust our itinerary accordingly. Therefore, the final location list as well as the potential availability of a hut will be decided a few days before the event. You should expect 1 to 2 hours of hiking before reaching the final spot but we will try to adjust to participant preferences.
Workshops will happen from July 3rd to 7th 2024. It will take place in Switzerland in 4 different beautiful spots. I will pick you up and drop you off from the same location to be defined with the participants (Zurich Airport/Geneva Airport or potentially a train station close by the first spot where we will shoot)
This workshop will not cover the basics of photography. Each participant needs to bring and to know its equipment and be confident outside of the AUTO mode. We will however go over various techniques such as Panorama, Focus Stacking (if applicable), Long Exposure, Foreground blending, Noise Reduction, Scouting and Composition.
What will you get out of it?
- Nice refreshing time in the Swiss Alps with a mixture of hiking, astrophotography and sharing time with other photographers
- Transportation during the entire workshop (except Lift if necessary)
- Some nights in a dorm (if applicable but at extra cost) or camping
- Theory of Milky Way photography (Milky Way Core season/Components of an Image, Equipment, Settings, Processing)
- Learn how to shoot night pictures and specifically the Milky Way. Learn how to reduce noise
- Learn how to better compose your shots and get feedback on your picture
- Post-processing lecture for Milky Way photography
What is not included?
- All food and drinks
- Photography equipment
- Camping equipment
- Transportation to pick-up and drop-off location (To be defined with the participants)
- Lift (if necessary)
Meeting point: To be decided few days before the workshop when final location is chosen. You should however expect a public transport bus stop or train station.
After reaching out to our first location, we will set up the tent or check in the dorms. Then we will start our shooting adventure:
- Blue hour to capture foreground
- Milky Way
- Time lapse or star trails (rest of the night)
After sunrise, we will pack our stuff and drive to the next location and start over. We will also find some time to go over some theory and post-processing.
Things to Know
Price per Person
- CHF 1200
- Extra costs if nights in dorm/hotel
- Extra costs for lift (if necessary)
- 10% Reduction for a group of two or more people
Deposit of CHF 300 to secure your spot
Maximum Participants per workshop: 6 persons
Dates: July 3rd to 7th 2024
If, for any reason, you cannot participate in this 4-nights Milky Way photography workshop in Switzerland, please send a mail to email@example.com
- More than 7 days before the workshop: You can transfer your deposit for a future workshop with me
- < 7 days before the workshop: No refund
- In case of bad weather conditions expected during the entire workshop, the workshop might be postponed to a later date
- If weather changes and does not allow us to shoot some nights during the workshop, no refund given as I cannot predict it
Workshop 4-Nights Milky Way PhotographyCHF 300.00