Alpstein region in Canton Appenzell is a wonderful hiking area where you can enjoy various levels of hiking and chill around different lakes. During one of these landscape and milky way photography workshops in Switzerland, we will spend the nights in two different huts, which will allow us to have more opportunities and landscapes for sunrise, sunset and Milky Way photography. On our way to the second stop, we will visit Aescher Hut Viewpoint and enjoy other iconic landscapes.
This workshop will not cover the basics of photography. Each participant needs to know its equipment and be confident outside of the AUTO mode. We will however go over various techniques such as Panorama, Focus Stacking, Long Exposure, Noise Reduction, Scouting and Composition.
Meeting point: Wasserauen Train Station 3pm
We will take the lift up to Ebenalp and then walk 1h15 to Berggasthaus Schaefler where we will spend the first night.
Later, we will take our rooms and have a welcome drink before dinner around 7pm.
After dinner, we will shoot the sunset and prepare foreground images for Milky Way shooting before going over some theory until Milky Way time.
Short after 11pm, we set up our material and start shooting when we will have the opportunity to shoot panoramic images of the Milky Way over the Mountain Range.
Of course, Milky Way photography is weather-dependent.
First, we will get up to shoot the sunrise and have breakfast afterwards.
After breakfast, we head to Berggasthaus Aescher (~ 1h15) and have a stop there.
Later, we will go down towards Seealpsee (~ 1h30) and take pictures in the area.
Before dinner, we will go over some post-processing and then have dinner around 6pm before going out for the sunset.
At night, if weather allows, we will do another Milky Way shooting at Seealpsee. The Milky Way Core will not be visible here but you can shoot the Great Rift over the Mountain Range just before sunrise.
Early wake up call to shoot the sunrise until breakfast time.
After breakfast, we will check out and head back to Wasserauen (~ 1h30)
What will you get out of it?
- Nice refreshing time in the Swiss Alps with a mixture of hiking, photography and sharing time with other photographers
- Lift ride from Wasserauen to Ebenalp
- First night in Berggasthaus Schaefler (~ 2000m) with panoramic view of the entire region
- Second night in Berggasthaus Seealpsee (~ 1100m) with nice reflection on the lake
- Hopefully not too much sleep if weather permits: Learn how to shoot night pictures and specifically the Milky Way and learn how to reduce noise
- Learn how to better compose your shots and get feedback on your pictures
- Theory of Landscape and Milky Way photography
- Post-processing tips for Landscape and Milky Way photography
- My Lightroom presets for landscape and milky way photography
What is not included?
- Snacks and lunches (Breakfasts and Dinners are included)
- All drinks
- Photography equipment
- Bring your own towel and some Swiss coins for optional shower (option for 2nd night only)
- Transport to Wasserauen Train Station (Meet-up point)
Things to Know
Price per Person
- CHF 890 / Double occupancy
- CHF 1390 / Single occupancy (very limited places)
- CHF 840 / Dorm occupancy
- 10% Reduction for a group of two or more people
Deposit of CHF 300 to secure your spot
Workshop needs to be paid in full until 1 month before the workshop
Maximum Participants per weekend: 6 persons
Dates: June 24th to 26th 2022 / July 1st to 3rd 2022
If, for any reason, you cannot participate in the workshop, please send a mail to email@example.com
- More than 90 days before the workshop: Full refund of your deposit minus 5% to cover bank transfer fees
- 89 days to 31 days before the workshop: Refund of 50% of the deposit and 50% is retained to cover additional fees
- < 31 days before the workshop: No deposit refund. The rest (full price minus deposit) is retained as voucher for a future workshop
- If canceled due to bad weather conditions: No deposit refund as I cannot predict it and I need to cover the costs already involved . The rest (full price minus deposit) is refunded